In accordance with the requirements of Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act (“ADA”) of 1990, the Fair Employment & Housing Act (“FEHA”), the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 (as amended), Government Code section 11135 and other applicable codes, the City of Modesto (“City”) will not discriminate against individuals on the basis of disability in the City’s services, programs, or activities. For more information, please visit the City of Modesto website.
The "Will-Serve" Letter is prepared by the Land Development Engineering Division of the Community Economic Development Department. A "Will-Serve" Letter is issued upon the City's completion of an analysis determining that all conditions of approval are met.
1. The requested proposed property connection must be within current City water service area.
2. The City will need to determine whether it is reasonable to extend water service based on the quantity of water used, type of water used and the overall impact on the water system.
3. If the property is outside the current City water service area, the applicant will need Local Agency Formation Commission (LAFCO) (fees may apply) approval prior to issuance of a will-serve letter.
4. The City water system, in proximity to the proposed service area, must have the capacity to provide the amount of water required for the proposed connection.
5. If a water main exists adjacent to the property, and if said main is of sufficient size to provide the required
service to the property, the water main is considered available.
6. If a water main does not exist adjacent to the property or if the existing water main is not sufficient size to serve the property, the City Engineer may approve a water main extension to the proposed property. Specific Council
approval is required of any proposed water main extension where the cost exceeds $20,000. The size and
design of said water main extension shall be as approved by staff and shall be installed by the owner, as required by the Modesto Municipal Code and the City of Modesto Standard Specifications.
7. The property owner must agree to pay all City connection fees prior to connecting to the water system.
8. The property owner must agree to pay all monthly water service charges.
9. The property owner must agree to annex when requesting to do so by the City of Modesto.
Any request for water connection to property located outside the City limits, which does not comply with the above conditions, may be specifically reviewed by the City Council.
1. The requested proposed property connection must be must be within the current sewer service area.
2. The City sewer system in proximity to the proposed service area must have the capacity to receive the amount and type of discharge from the proposed connection. In addition, the type and quantity of discharge must be in
compliance with existing City, State and Federal codes.
3. If the property is located outside City limits, the applicant will need Local Agency Formation Commission (LAFCO) (fees may apply) approval prior to issuance of a will-serve letter.
4. A sewer lateral must exist adjacent to the proposed property and must be of a size that is sufficient for the
proposed use and is available for direct connection. A sewer main is considered if one of the following is true:
a. The pipe diameter is 10” or less.
b. A manhole exists adjacent to the property, which would allow a house sewer line connection at no more than a 45-degree angle from either property line.
5. The property owner must agree to pay all City connection fees prior to connecting to the sewer.
6. The property owner must agree to pay all monthly sewer service charges.
7. The property owner must agree to annex when requested by the City of Modesto.
Any request for sewer connection to property located outside the current Sewer District boundaries that does not comply with the above conditions may be specifically reviewed by the City Council.
For water requests - your request will be delayed if not attached
Signature will be captured at the time fees and permit are issued.
This field is not part of the form submission.
* indicates a required field