Bulky Item Collection
Residential Single-Family Bulky Item Pickup
The City of Modesto offers its residential solid waste service customers a convenient way to dispose of large bulky household items using the Bulky Item Collection Program. Each customer may have two pick-ups per calendar year.
Multi-Family Dwelling Bulky Item Pickup Program (Pilot)
From March 6, 2023 to February 29, 2024, the City is providing a pilot Multi-family Dwelling Bulky Item Pickup Program for residents living in apartment complexes and multiplexes with waste service via dumpsters. This pilot allows us to work through any issues with the program to ensure it does not contribute to illegal dumping or blight and to provide funding for the first year. After the first year, the City will use actual costs of the program to determine a fee for multi-family dwelling accounts, similar to how the program is funded by single-family accounts.
Curbside Pick Up Service
Curbside collection allows residents to place bulky items in the street adjacent to their residence for pickup by appointment. It’s a convenient and easy way to dispose of items too large for their weekly waste collection.
How to Participate
Please contact your hauler to set a collection appointment.
- All items must be placed in the street against the curb
- Do not block sidewalks, driveways, fire hydrants, storm drains, garbage cans, etc.
- Items must be placed on the street in front of your own residence
- No items will be collected in the alley
- Small items must be placed in the garbage container
Please do not place items out for collection until 6:00 PM the evening before your scheduled appointment.
Haul it Yourself (Voucher Program)
This program is offered for customers who would like to haul their own bulky items to transfer stations instead of arranging a bulky item pick up at their residence. This allows the account holder to bring a truck or trailer load of bulky items no larger than 4 feet by 4 feet by 8 feet to their solid waste provider’s transfer station. Customers are eligible to use two vouchers per calendar year.
How to Participate
Residential Single Family
You will need to contact your solid waste company to request a voucher. Vouchers will be held at the transfer station and are valid for seven days after issuance.
Contact your property manager or owner to request a voucher through the solid waste company. Vouchers will be held at the transfer station and are valid for seven days after issuance.
Acceptable and Unacceptable Items
Below you will find examples of acceptable and unacceptable items that you may dispose of using this program.
- Air Conditioners
- Doors, Ladders
- Exercise Equipment, Bicycles
- Plastic or Fake Christmas Trees
- Large Appliances (all doors must be removed)
- Mattresses, Couches, Chairs
- Patio Furniture, Barbecues (Remove propane tank)
- Tables, Desks
- Toilets, Sinks, Tubs, Hot Tubs
- Water Heaters, Water Softeners
- No Concrete or Asphalt
- No Construction or Demolition Debris, Wood, Yard Waste
- No Dead Animals
- No Hazardous Waste, Chemicals, Toxic Materials
- No Household Garbage
- No Items Associated With Businesses
- No Liquids, Paints, Solvents
- No Plate Glass, TV's, Computer Monitors
- No Tires, Automobile Parts