Landmark Preservation Commission
- 1:00 pm
- The 3rd Monday of every month
- Tenth Street Place, 3rd floor, room 3001
Agendas and Minutes
Agendas are available prior to the meetings. Minutes are available following approval.
View most recent agenda and minutes.
|Lisa Lomas||Appointed by Modesto City Council||January 1, 2025|
|Will Crews||Appointed by Modesto City Council||January 1, 2023|
|Michelle Buer||Appointed by Modesto City Council||January 1, 2026|
|Harrison Power||Appointment by Modesto City Council||January 1, 2025|
|Naramsen Goriel||Appointed by Modesto City Council||January 1, 2023|
|David Leamon||Appointed by Modesto City Council||January 1, 2023|
|Patrick Cavanah||Culture Commission Representative||January 1, 2022|
The Landmark Preservation Commission advises City Council on matters related to historic structures and other resources in addition to policies and practices pertaining to preservation of Modesto's landmarks.
In order to serve on this commission, an applicant must be a registered voter in the City of Modesto and should have professional skills and/or a demonstrated interest in historical preservation. The voting members should be selected from the following:
- At least one member should be an architect, or if an architect should not be available, an experienced person of the building trades;
- At least one member should be a professional or experienced person in the areas of history, architectural history, archaeology, planning, real estate, design, building trades, landscape architecture or law;
- At least one member should be a person with a background in finance, accounting, appraising or related field;
- At least one member should be a member of the McHenry Museum and Historical Society;
- The other member shall be drawn from persons with a demonstrated interest and/or expertise in historical preservation; and
- One member should also be a member of the Modesto Culture Commission and would serve on both commissions alternatively, a person recommended by the Culture Commission may be appointed by the City Council to serve only on the Landmark Preservation Commission.