Each year the City honors businesses and organizations for their outstanding achievements and efforts to reduce-reuse-recycle waste products. Applications for the 2016 City of Modesto Business Recycling Awards are now available to any commercial business, organization or non-profit group located within the Modesto city limits. Winners will be chosen in each of the following categories:
- Small Business – under 20 employees
- Medium Business – 21 to 100 employees
- Large Business – over 100 employees
Honorees will be notified and recognized at a September City Council meeting and a reception will be held in their honor. The 2015 winners for their commitment in 2014 environmental stewardship were:
- Small Businesses, A & S Metals, Community Business College, Habitat for Humanity-ReStore, Once Upon a Child and The State Theatre.
- Medium Businesses, Community Hospice-Hope Chest Thrift Stores, Gallo Center for the Arts, Modesto Junk Co., Inc. Recycling Center, Operation 9-2-99, Thomas Downey High School Environmental Club and United Cerebral Palsy of Stanislaus County.
- Large Businesses, Boyett Petroleum, Center for Human Services, Crystal Creamery, Doubletree by Hilton Modesto, E&J Gallo Winery, James C. Enochs High School, Modesto City Schools, Modesto Irrigation District and Vintage Faire Mall.
Applications are available by calling the Solid Waste Division at 209-577-5495, visiting our website
or sending an email request
. Applications are due no later than August 19, 2016