Modesto Utilities customers will see sewer and garbage rate increases starting on their July bill.
Sewer Rate Increase
On March 13, 2018 City Council reviewed and adopted the scheduled sewer rate increase of 6%, effective July 1, 2018. Your July utility bill will include pro-rated charges.
The increase will allow for:
- Replacement or upgrade to deficient sewer mains and pump stations
- Improvements to the wastewater treatment plant
- Strengthening and maintenance of existing sewer infrastructure
For a complete description of the planned improvements or view the wastewater master plans view the Sewer Rate and Fee Study. Hard copies are available at 1010 Tenth St, 4th Floor, Suite 4600.
Garbage Rate Increase
On June 12, 2018 City Council reviewed and approved the findings and recommendations resulting from this study. Residential customers will see an average rate increase of 8% on the cost of garbage service, effective July 1, 2018. Your July utility bill will include pro-rated charges.
What is included in your garbage rate?
- Weekly Black Can Garbage Waste Pickup
- Weekly Green Can Organic Recycling Pickup
- Monthly City Green Waste Street Collection
- City Tree Service & Maintenance
- Access to Household Hazardous Waste Disposal
- Two Bulky Item Pick-ups per calendar year
- Illegal Dumping Collection
- Litter Removal & Clean-up
- Recycling Programs, Education & Enforcement
- City Landfill Mitigation Measures
For more information on these services visit this page.