Do I need a Special Event Permit?

If your event is open to the public and includes entertainment such as live or amplified music, DJs, dancing to live or recorded music, presentations by performers, carnival rides, circus act or other activities meant to be attended by members of the public, then you will need a Special Event Entertainment Permit to hold your event. Parades and sporting events do not require a Special Event permit, although parades require their own permit which can be found on Modesto Police Department forms and applications page.

Show All Answers

1. Do I need a Special Event Permit?
2. If I have a valid Business Entertainment Permit, but I am holding a Special Event outside of my business facility, do I need a Special Event Permit?
3. How long does the Entertainment Permit process take?
4. How does a Special Event Permit cost?