The CA Small Business COVID-19 Relief Grant Program launched today! Information about the grant program is now available on the Program Website.
CalNonprofits will be partnering with the California Office of the Small Business Advocate ( CalOSBA) and the program intermediary Lendistry to provide grant program and application information to nonprofits across the state. Thanks to advocacy by CalNonprofits and others, this program explicitly includes nonprofits as eligible grantees.
The application process for Round One begins at 6:00 AM on Wednesday, December 30, 2020 and ends at 11:59 PM on Friday, January 8, 2021. Grants will range from $5,000 to $25,000 depending on the size of the organization. There will be two rounds of grants totaling $237.5 million each.
On 12/29 at 11 AM, CalNonprofits will present our first webinar, in a series of free webinars, on the grants program and application process.
CA Small Business COVID-19 Relief Grant Program: How to Apply!
December 29, 2020 at 11 AM to 12:15 PM
This webinar is free, but registration is required.
- Isabel Guzman, Director, California Office of the Small Business Advocate (CalOSBA), Governor’s Office of Business and Economic Development (GO-Biz)
- Representative from Lendistry, the grant program intermediary
- Lucy Salcido Carter, CalNonprofits Policy Director
- Jan Masaoka, CalNonprofits CEO
Here is some information about who is eligible:
- 501(c)(3)s and (c)(6)s
- Nonprofits with annual gross revenue between $1,000 and $2,500,000
- Nonprofits active at least since 6/1/19 and currently operating or with a plan to reopen
- Must have a physical address in California and operate here
Here is some additional information about the application process:
- It is not a first-come, first-served application process.
- There’s a two-stage application process. All applicants complete the first stage, and only the organizations selected complete the second stage.
- Priority factors will be considered in selecting grantees, including the impact of COVID on the organization and community and whether the nonprofit represents underserved groups.
- There will be two rounds of grantmaking, with Round Two later this winter, dates TBD.
- If you apply for Round One and are not selected, but are eligible for the program, you will automatically be included for consideration in Round Two.
Attend our free webinar on 12/29 at 11 AM for more information about the CA Small Business COVID-19 Relief Grant Program application process.
Register for the webinar here!
P.S. This information was only released TODAY (December 23) so we are rushing to get it to you. There are still many unanswered questions about the program, but we will know more by Tuesday's webinar.
Please pass this information along to other nonprofits!