Land Development Engineering Permits

  1. Encroachment Permits

    LDE issues encroachment permits for all work performed in the City’s right-of-way.

  2. Outdoor Dining Permits

    Per the City of Modesto’s ordinance 3407-C.S., an encroachment permit is required for all dining areas in the public right of way.

  3. Groundwater Application (Monitoring Wells)

    A permit is required for ANY excavation in the City limits that may intersect groundwater.

  4. Grading

    Grading permit is required the topography of a site must be changed.

  5. Transportation (Over Sized) Permits

    Vehicles exceeding the limits of a legal load (per the California Vehicle Code) traveling on City Streets must obtain a Transportation Permit through Land Development Engineering.