How do I get a vehicle release?

If your car was towed/stored for 30 days due to driving on a suspended license:

-Come to the main lobby and fill out a Request for 30-Day Hearing form. You are entitled to a hearing within 48 working hours. The hearing officer will review your case and, under certain guidelines, may release the vehicle early. If the storage is sustained, you will be required to wait the full thirty days to obtain a release. For further information, you may call the traffic unit at 209-572-9592 during regular business.

If your car is eligible for release, come to the main lobby during regular business hours with the registered owner, a licensed driver, and current vehicle registration.  A vehicle release fee will be charged.

Show All Answers

1. How do I get a vehicle release?
2. Do you do fingerprinting?
3. How do I obtain a bicycle license?
4. Where is the court house?
5. Where do I pay parking tickets?
6. Where is traffic court?
7. What is the non-emergency number?
8. How can I find out if I have a warrant?
9. How do I contest a parking ticket?
10. How do I get a copy of a police report?