House Sewer Line Repair Cost-Share Program


This deferral program is designed to assist homeowners that are not connected to the City of Modesto's wastewater system.


Any existing single-family home in the City of Modesto or within the City of Modesto's sphere of influence desiring to connect to the City of Modesto's wastewater system.


Minimum of 10% of the Wastewater Capacity Fee is to be paid at the time a permit is issued. The remaining 90% of the Wastewater Capacity Fee, plus interest, shall be paid in equal installments over 10 years. An agreement and notice of lien are to be executed by the owner of the property. The lien will remain in effect until the deferred fees have been paid in full. Full terms and conditions of the deferral are set forth in the standard agreement (PDF).

Fees & Process

Submission of a completed application (PDF), an administrative processing fee ($250) and a Title Report fee ($75) will commence the deferral application process. Upon receipt of the appropriate title documentation, an agreement will be drafted and provided to the applicant. This agreement requires administrative approval. Completion of the process typically takes 2-3 weeks.

Associated Documents