This deferral program is designed to encourage the development and expansion of businesses and commerce within the City of Modesto by deferring payment of Capital Facilities, Water Connection and/or Wastewater Capacity Fees for a period of 5 years.
Any Commercial, Industrial and Multi-Family project in the City of Modesto or within the City of Modesto's sphere of influence.
Minimum 20% of the Capital Facilities, Water Connection and/or Wastewater Capacity Fees are to be paid at the time a permit is issued. The remaining 80% of the Capital Facilities, Water Connection and/or Wastewater Capacity Fees, plus interest, shall be paid in equal installments over 5 years. An agreement and notice of lien are to be executed by the owner of the property. The lien will remain in effect until the deferred fees have been paid in full. Full terms and conditions of the deferral are set forth in the standard agreement (PDF).
Fees & Process
Submission of a completed application (PDF), an administrative processing fee ($250) and a Title Report fee ($500) will commence the deferral application process. Upon receipt of the appropriate title documentation, an agreement will be drafted and provided to the applicant. This agreement requires administrative approval. Completion of the process typically takes 2-3 weeks.