Camera Registry Program (CRP)
About the Program
The City of Modesto wants your help in fighting crime by taking part in the Camera Registry Program (CRP). The CRP allows residents and business owners to register the locations of their video surveillance systems with the City.
How it Works
When a crime occurs, police will be able to identify the locations of nearby video cameras and enlist the assistance of the community to help officers collect video evidence and follow up on leads.
Through the program, Modesto Police Department (MPD) will be able to directly contact those who have registered their cameras (CRP registrants) who are using video in an area in which a crime occurred.
Police would ask CRP registrants to check their video surveillance system for a specific date and time for video that may show activity involved with a crime, such as a getaway car or the direction that a person of interest was headed.
- How do I register for this Program?
- Is there a cost associated with participating in the Camera Registry Program?
- Does participating in the program give the Modesto Police Department (MPD) direct access to my cameras?
- How do I delete a camera I have registered for the program?
- If I decide I no longer participate in the program, can I delete my account?
- What happens to the information that I provide when registering for the program?
- How do I know if an incident has occurred?
The goal of the program is to deter crime and promote public safety through collaboration between the Modesto Police Department and the communities we serve.
Terms and Conditions
Accordingly, all registrants agree to the following terms and conditions:
- Any footage containing or related to criminal activity may be collected by the Modesto Police Department for use as evidence during any stage of a criminal proceeding.
- Under no circumstances shall registrants construe that they are acting as an agent and/or employee of the City of Modesto and/or the Modesto Police Department through the program.
- If necessary, the Modesto Police Department will contact you directly, using the information provided on this site, to request the appropriate video surveillance footage.
- If video footage is requested, registrants will receive email requests from Modesto Police Department with details. Any video footage submitted, should be of the highest resolution available.
- All video footage submitted will be automatically purged from our camera registration portal after 30 days.
If you have any questions, please contact the Crime Prevention Unit.