Play & Create
- Puzzles- enjoy digital puzzles & you can even create your puzzle own.
- ABCYa - Enjoy age specific games, printable worksheets and holiday activities
- 4th of July Paper Lantern Craft- Try this beautiful and simple 4th of July craft.
- Sidewalk Chalk Board Games- Use sidewalk chalk to make these super fun board games for the whole family!
- Disney Sing-Along- Enjoy Youtube videos of your favorite Disney songs you can sing along with!
- Origami Frog- Practice your origami skills with this friendly frog.
- Homemade Fruit Popsicle- Making homemade fruit popsicles are a fun way for kids and adults to experiment in the kitchen.
- 22 Totally Awesome Sidewalk Chalk Ideas- From princess crowns to under sea adventures, there are tons of fun ideas to help you make a whole new world in your driveway!
- Homemade Bubble Recipes- Soap bubble solutions, are generally little more than dish soap and water, but we’re taking it to the next level with our "mile-high" and "dura-bubble" solutions.
- Homemade Play Dough - Homemade Playdough Recipe made with All Natural Ingredients.
- Hasbro- Bring Home the Fun - Family-focused resources and fun ways to connect at home.
- Funology - Enjoy crafts, games, recipes, jokes and trivia.
- Use Sidewalk Chalk to write encouraging messages to your neighbors
- Slime Recipes- Slime is a fantastic tool for sensory play, as part of an anti-anxiety kit, and to develop fine motor strength.
- Red, White and Blue Cake Ball Recipe- With the 4th of July right around the corner there is no better time then to test out this new recipe.
- Create your own Spy Obstacle Course- This spy obstacle course is fun to set up at home with your family.
- Michael’s Facebook Page: New craft ideas every Wednesday
- JOANN Fabrics & Crafts YouTube Channel: New craft ideas every Wednesday
- 7 Container Garden Projects kids will love! No matter how much you know about gardening, anyone can enjoy these easy-peasy projects.
- Bread in a Bag Recipe- Bread in a Bag is simple, easy and it works! Bake a delicious loaf of break with only 6 ingredients and 8 easy steps. This recipe is kid friendly.
- No Bake Apple Donuts- These are perfect for an afternoon snack for the kids, full of healthy ingredients.
- Ants on a Log & Peanut Butter Snail Food Craft
- Apple Smiles Food Craft- Enjoy a craft that doubles a snack. Ingredients include apples, peanut (almond) butter, mini marshmallows
- Play-Well TEKnologies LEGO activities - Check out videos of home build challenges and activities on Tuesdays and Thursdays at 10:00 AM. You can also watch the posted videos on Play-Well TEK’s Facebook page at a later date!
- Time Capsule- 2020 COVID Time Capsule. We are living through history at this very moment - with your family, take some time to fill in these pages for your future self to look back on.
- Earth Day Crafts- Crafts for kids using recycles materials
- Learn How to Bake Cookies- With the assistance of an adult, this link provides step by step instructions for kids age 2 and up
- Healthy Kids- SF Giants Garden- Learn how to make a Rainbow Garden Cracker and much more in this issue of Healthy Kids from our friends at the Giants Garden!
- Munchkin Fun at Home - Tons of educational and recreational activities for toddlers to elementary school students.
- Nomster Chef Recipes for Kids & Adults - Cook and engage with these fun recipes for Kids and Adults.
- Kids Crafts from Recycled Materials - Ways for kids to explore and craft using recycled materials.
- 21 Messy Outdoor Crafts for Kids - Get some fresh air outside with these fun outdoor craft ideas for kids.
- HGTV 20 outdoor DIY’s (adult and kid friendly ideas) - Explore additional outdoor activities for adults and kids.
- Coloring Pages - Free coloring pages for everyone to tap into their artistic abilities.
You can also follow us on Facebook, Instagram and Nextdoor.com for department updates and activities. We would love to see the ways you are recreating at home, use #MoRecAtHome #ModestoParksandRec & #ModestoTogether
Friendship Line California- 1(888) 670-1360 The Friendship Line, a free 24-hour "warm" line for older adults and caregivers. Even in these challenging times, friendship is always a phone call away.