Modesto Convention & Visitors Bureau Board of Directors
This committee meets at 9:00 AM on the 2nd Tuesday, every other month: January, March, May, July, September, and November at Visit Modesto, 1008 12th Street, Modesto, CA 95354.
- Attract visitors to the area by promoting and marketing Modesto as a convention, sports, tourism and leisure travel destination
- Provide coordination and leadership for the community and the visitor industry on matters relating to convention activity and tourism
- Gather community information designed to convey to opinion leaders and the public at large the status of the visitor industry
- Work with local governmental agencies, private enterprise and other intrested parties to structure suitable financing plans for the Corporation, and to implement these plans.
The Board of Directors is comprised of 7 to 9 members appointed by the Modesto City Council. Each appointee shall be a resident of the City of Modesto or Stanislaus County, or an employee of a business located in the City of Modesto or its metropolitan area, however, at least a majority of the appointees must be residents of the City of Modesto.
Board of Directors
Minimum Board of Directors - Seven (7) members
- Three (3) members shall represent a major entertainment, restaurant, sports venue, retail business or attraction.
- Two (2) members shall represent the lodging industry within the City of Modesto.T
- Two (2) members shall be residents of the City of Modesto and may or may not be directly associated with the tourism, hospitality or entertainment industries, but shall have demonstrated an interest in the City.
Maximum Board of Directors - Nine (9) members
- Seven (7) members meeting the minimum composition requirements.
- Two (2) members, meeting one or more of the three qualifications listed above.
|Denise Crosby||Entertainment Rep 1||1/1/2021|
|Rodney Cordova||Entertainment Rep 2||1/1/2021|
|Thomas Lopes||Entertainment Rep 3||1/1/2022|
|Behzad (Bert) Tabrizi||Hospitality Rep 1||1/1/2021|
|Pervez Khan||Hospitality Rep 2||1/1/2022|
|Vickey Chu-Hermis||Resident Rep 1||1/1/2021|
|VACANT||Resident Rep 2|
|Tim Fisher||At-Large 1||1/1/2021|
|Chris Murphy||At-Large 2||1/1/2022|
Board Member applications may be submitted online. Applicants who have applied will be notified of their status by the Parks, Recreation and Neighborhoods office.