City Honors & Awards
Modesto. The name of our city is derived from the Spanish word, "Modest," but as you can see, we have a lot to brag about! Here, we chronicle our awards and recognition. Find out all the ways Modesto is a terrific place to live, work and play.
- Modesto Rates 8 out of 150 Best Cities for Summer Jobs (PDF)
- Modesto doughnut shop ranks among top 15 in nation (PDF)
- 7 Tulip Farms To Visit In America (PDF)
- 2016 National Night Out Award Winner
- 2016 Digital Cities_ Winners Focus on Transparency, Security, Infrastructure
- Modesto, California A Model for a Bicycle-Friendly City- Streetsblog California (PDF)
- 9 Companies as Cool as Google - Hiring Now! - Glassdoor Blog (PDF)
- 22 Things You Need To Know About Modesto Before You Move There - Movoto (PDF)
- Most Fun Cities in California, As Ranked in New Report - Los Alamitos, CA Patch (PDF)
- WateReuse California: Recycled Water Agency of the Year (March 2018)
- WateReuse National: 2018 Community Water Champion (September 2018)
- California Association of Sanitation Agencies (CASA): 2019 Award of Excellence for Innovation & Resiliency (October 2019)
In response to increases in the number of COVID-19 cases throughout the state, and the most recent health orders, public access to City of Modesto buildings and counters, including at 1010 10th Street, will again be closed starting December 8. Read on...