Outdoor Dining Permits

Per the City of Modesto’s ordinance 3407-C.S., an encroachment permit is required for all dining areas in the public right of way. Every owner business operator who desires to place chairs or tables in a public sidewalk, alley, court, or street must first submit an application for an outdoor dining permit.  To submit an application please email Land Development Engineering.

Apply for the Special Outdoor OpenAir Permit.