Dept/Div. Contact: Planning Division - (209) 577-5267
• • •Description: A lot-line adjustment is required to move a property line between two or more existing adjacent lots or parcels without creating a new lot.
Examples: A lot-line adjustment may be used whenever minor adjustments are needed to a given lot or lots. For example, if one property owner wishes to purchase a portion of an adjoining lot, a lot-line adjustment can be used to move the property line to the new location, increasing the size of one parcel, and decreasing the size of the other. The overall number of parcels may be reduced by a lot-line adjustment, however no new parcels may be created.
A lot-line adjustment application will need to be submitted. Once the application packet has been determined to be complete, most projects will take 30-45 days to process.
Where to submit:
1010 Tenth Street, 3rd Floor [Directions]
What to bring:
- 1 Lot-Line Adjustment Application Packet, containing:
- Application Form, signed by property owner(s)
- Agreement, signed by property owner(s) (notorized), submitted along with original notary(ies)
- 8-8.5" x 11" detailed drawing of property(ies) involved; drawing to reflect existing and proposed details
- Legal Property Descriptions: prior to and following lot-line adjustment
- Clerk-Recorder Fee (special instructions noted in Lot-Line Adjustment Application Packet)
- Payment for Lot-Line Adjustment Fee
All application packets must be received by a Planning Technician or Planner to determine if all submittal criteria have been met. A staff member will be assigned to work with the applicant(s); the application will be reviewed for completeness and referred to pertinent agencies to determine zoning compliance.
If the resulting lots conform to the City's zoning regulations, and if no problems are found with the agreement or property descriptions, the lot-line adjustment will be approved by Planning Divisions staff; however, documents cannot be recorded with the County Clerk-Recorder until the appeal period has passed.
As noted in the Lot-Line Adjustment application packet, there is a 15-day appeal period in which parties may challenge staff's decision.
After the required 15-day appeal period, the Secretary of the Planning Commission signs the Certificate of Approval. The City will record the agreement and the Certificate of Approval with the County Clerk-Recorder.
These documents are provided in PDF Format. You must have a PDF viewer in order to open these documents. Click here for the free Adobe Acrobat viewer.<%=getForms("#LLA")%>
Contact our Planning Division at (209) 577-5267.<% If instr(strURL,"aspscripts/pfp.asp") then %>