On August 9, 2016 City Council reviewed and adopted a Water Rate and Fee Study that included an annual review of the water rate increase. On October 22, 2019 City Council reviewed and adopted the scheduled water rate increase of 6%*, effective April 1, 2020.
Why a water rate increase?
The increase will allow for:
• Replacement and repair of aging infrastructure
• Construction for new lines, tanks, wells and treatment facilities
• Water Quality projects
This rate will affect the base meter charge which covers annual operating costs such as:
• System maintenance
• Capital improvements
• Meter reading
• Debt service
• Finance and Customer Service
• Engineering and Administrative Services
This rate will affect the water usage charge which covers costs such as:
• Pumping costs of electricity and pump maintenance
• Purchased water
• Chemicals and water treatment
• MID Productions costs for operations and maintenance
*Due to increased revenues and adjustments to our capital improvement program a reduction was made from the previously council-adopted increase of 9% to 6%.
For questions about this increase call 209-577-5395