City Honors & Awards
Modesto. The name of our city is derived from the Spanish word, "Modest," but as you can see, we have a lot to brag about! Here, we chronicle our awards and recognition. Find out all the ways Modesto is a terrific place to live, work and play.
- 7 Tulip Farms To Visit In America (PDF)
- 2016 National Night Out Award Winner
- 2016 Digital Cities_ Winners Focus on Transparency, Security, Infrastructure
- Modesto, California A Model for a Bicycle-Friendly City- Streetsblog California (PDF)
- 9 Companies as Cool as Google - Hiring Now! - Glassdoor Blog (PDF)
- 22 Things You Need To Know About Modesto Before You Move There - Movoto (PDF)
- Most Fun Cities in California, As Ranked in New Report - Los Alamitos, CA Patch (PDF)
The city of Modesto has been selected to participate in Bloomberg Philanthropies’ What Work Cities initiative – one of the largest-ever national philanthropic efforts to enhance the use of data and evidence in the public sector. Read on...
Health and wellness businesses are invited to participate in the Amgen Tour of California Lifestyle Festival to be held May 15 in downtown Modesto. We are also looking for volunteers. Read on...