High Efficiency Sprinkler Nozzles Rebate Program
Effective July 1, 2018
City of Modesto water customers may be eligible for a rebate when they upgrade from their old conventional spray head sprinklers to the High Efficiency Sprinkler Nozzles. Funding is limited and applications will be accepted on a first come, first served basis. The City of Modesto reserves the right to terminate this program at any time and for any reason.
Customers who install new qualifying High Efficiency Nozzles are eligible for a rebate in the amount of $2.00 per nozzle for a maximum of 30 nozzles. The rebate amount may not exceed $60.00 per City of Modesto water account.
High Efficiency Sprinkler Nozzles deliver heavier streams and bigger droplets. The extra weight helps prevent droplets from being carried away by wind, evaporation, runoff, and over-spraying. Water is applied at a much slower rate allowing the water more time to soak into the soil and less runoff and waste.
For a qualifying list of High Efficiency Nozzles view the comprehensive list provided.
How to Apply
- Obtain an application using one of the following methods:
- Apply Online
- Download High Efficiency Sprinkler Nozzle Application (PDF)
- Call Water Division 209-342-2246
- If you are not applying online, send completed paper application and the original sales receipt to one of the following:
City of Modesto Attention:Water Division - Rebate Program
PO Box 642
Modesto CA 95353
- Fax: 209-577-4983
A City of Modesto representative will contact you to schedule a brief appointment to verify your old spray heads were replaced with the new High Efficiency Nozzles and are adequately conserving water.
Program Guidelines and Participation Section
- City of Modesto customers who pay a water utility bill to the City of Modesto
- Account that are in good standing
- Tenants must provide written approval from the property owner or property manager
- Program applies to each high efficiency nozzle purchased between July 1, 2018 through June 30, 2019.
- Rebate application must be submitted within 60 days of sales receipt. An inspection will be scheduled once the application is approved.
- If not approved at inspection, you have 30 days to make corrections and to schedule a final inspection.
High Efficiency Sprinkler Nozzles (qualifying for rebate)
- Nozzles must be from the pre-approved list provided by the City.
- For a list of qualifying nozzles visit our website or call 209-342-2246.
- High efficiency nozzles must be installed within the Modesto City service area and at the location on application.
- All new nozzles must be the same make and model to ensure proper operation.
- Nozzles must be installed per manufacturer specifications to ensure adequate coverage.
- Existing nozzles, nozzle installation costs, new construction, accessories, and taxes do not qualify.
- Rebate checks will be mailed within 8 weeks after completing the rebate process.
- Rebate amount cannot exceed the purchase price of the new high efficiency nozzles.
- Rebates are limited to 30 nozzles per utility billing account per fiscal year (July 1, 2018 through June 30, 2019).
Application and Rebate Approval or Denial
- On-site compliance verification is required.
- The original itemized dated sales receipt for the new nozzles is required (copies not accepted). Scanned original will be accepted via online submittal only.
- Incomplete, incorrect or unsigned applications cannot be processed. We will contact you with any discrepancies and may require you to submit a new application.
- Customer must fulfill all program guidelines in order to be eligible for rebates.
- The rebate application must be submitted within 60 days of sales receipt.
- The Rebate Program is not responsible for materials lost by mail.
- Submission or possession of a rebate application does not guarantee receiving a rebate.
- Rebates are processed on a first come, first served basis.
- Funding for this rebate program is limited to available resources.
- Rebate amounts are subject to change without notification.
- This program shall at all times be subject to change or termination without prior notice.