COVID-19 Resources and Information for Modesto businesses
These resources are being updated frequently as available information changes
- Modesto Economic Development 2020-Coronavirus-Resource-Guide-Modesto-032720 (PDF)
- Small Business Development Center (SBDC) CABizRelief website
- Downtown Improvement District Facebook Page
- Downtown Modesto Partnership (DoMo) Facebook Page
- Modesto Chamber of Commerce website
- Small Business Majority COVID-19 daily update website
- California Employment Development Department COVID-19 FAQs for Employers and Employees
- State of Californa Coronavirus website
Economic Development COVID-19 Notice
- Business Advisory Services are available by phone or email. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Entertainment Permit counter is closed for walk-in application meetings. Email: email@example.com. For assistance regarding a Special Event, please email Margaret: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Updated COVID-19 business information, resource guide, and business impact survey are at the Economic Development page.
Whether you enjoy farm to table lifestyle, classic car culture, the arts and music scene, or proximity to some of the most beautiful places in the world and welcoming people, Modesto has it all.
Surrounded by one of the greatest agricultural production areas in the world, Modesto is a national center for food and beverage production. Modesto is developing a strong presence in advanced manufacturing including off site home and commercial construction.
Modesto’s location in the center of the North San Joaquin Valley region is a great place to do business, within 90 minutes of San Francisco and Silicon Valley, with excellent access to major markets via rail, highways, and air.
Modesto is on a sustainable growth track with 215,000 residents. Modesto’s warm Mediterranean climate, low cost of doing business and affordable real estate support a diverse population with a strong sense of community and giving to others. In 2019, over 7,000 volunteers turned out for the semi-annual Love Modesto Day to work on projects throughout the community, and Modesto is a regular winner for participation in the National Night Out event organized by law enforcement agencies nationwide.
Business Retention and Expansion
Long-term businesses are key to a region’s economic health and identity. Modesto businesses tend to stay in Modesto; Economic Development is here to help them stay and expand. Economic Development offers free Business Advisory Services to help businesses plan, start, locate, and work with building and permitting.
Modesto has the location, economics and labor force needed to support a diverse manufacturing and services economy. If your business is considering a relocation, contact us to learn why Modesto may be your best choice.
Business Park and Opportunity Zones Development
Business Parks are an essential component of Economic Development. The Division is currently assisting with the development of several new Business Parks in Modesto. Modesto encompasses a number of Federal Opportunity Zones including the downtown core area. Contact us to learn more about Opportunity Zones development.
News and Publications
Economic Development publishes informative documents and posts on news and events of interest to the business community in its LinkedIn page Modesto Economic Development.